In a week that the government launched both its long-awaited Powering Up Britain report and also a new website aimed at helping businesses save energy without needing to first fork out huge sums of money, one of elemental’s most popular articles featured some of the lesser known energy-saving solutions that can make a difference to a variety of buildings.
These products are often low-cost – when compared to technologies such as solar PV or heat pumps – and can still help households and businesses cut energy use and carbon emissions while saving money. We’re keen to hear about more of these innovative ideas, so do get in touch with your recommendations, too.
A selection of these energy-saving solutions will be the subject of a live panel discussion we’ve called The Unsung Heroes of Energy Saving at InstallerSHOW on 28th June, in a session hosted by BBC journalist Anne Davies. If you’re coming along to the event, you’ll hear about:
- Halcyan Water Conditioners prevent new limescale accumulating and remove existing deposits, so getting and keeping systems in good working order. An average home can save around 0.6 tonnes Co2e a year or roughly £500 by treating the hard water effectively.
- EcoDuct is is suitable for any insulated ductwork in all types of buildings and saves up to 45% of the HVAC energy consumption of a building in which it is installed. Total HVAC costs have been estimated at up to 30% of the 30-year lifecycle cost of a typical building, so the saving could be as high as 13.5% of total costs.
- Mixergy’s smart and connected hot water cylinders can save households up to 40% on their hot water bills, while heating their water up to 10x faster. The Energy Savings Trust has verified a Mixergy cylinder reduces gas consumption by as much as 12%.
- Chimella opens up its energy saving canopy inside your fireplace and reduces heat loss by over 95%. It also catches the dirt too and its canopy trickle system prevents any damp forming in your chimney.
- Showersave is waste water heat recovery that cuts energy requirements and therefore saves money and cuts down on your carbon output.
There will be lots more energy-saving solutions to discover, to register for InstallerSHOW, which is 27th to 29th June at the NEC in Birmingham, simply visit: installer-2023-visitor.reg.buzz
Check out the elemental programme here: installershow.com/event-timetable