Travis Perkins is the UK’s biggest distributor of building materials and is a leading partner to the construction industry.
The company has over 20,000 employees, has been established for 200 years and has around 1,500 branches. The market for construction materials totals over £78bn.
Travis Perkins, BSS and TF Solutions wanted to undertake market research with our community of installers and specifiers to understand more about the market view of heat pumps.Read: Heat pumps Vs gas boilers
A detailed research report with actionable results
Within the context of heat pumps, the report needed to uncover:
- The current challenges faced by installers and specifiers
- Current brand preferences
- Backgrounds and strategies for upskilling
- How products are selected and where they are obtained
- What currently works well and what falls short
The report needed to be evidence-based to ensure market decisions could be confidently made by drawing on its conclusions.
What we did
Lyrical Communications conducted a research project on heat pumps on behalf of Travis Perkins, to support a five year strategy. We consulted with one of our trusted suppliers – Fusion Insight & Strategy – to create a survey which we promoted to our users.
- Online research conducted July – August 2023
- Info and link to survey included on social posts, on websites and on Installer and elemental Daily and Weekly newsletters for maximum exposure
- A prize draw was offered as an incentive to encourage responses
- 500 completed questionnaires were used in the analysis
- The survey made use of the Installer and elemental data sets (150,000+) which included specification professionals and installers of different personas
Client testimonial – Category Manager (P&H), Travis Perkins
“We were impressed by the depth and breadth of the research carried out on our behalf by Lyrical Communications. The results of this project were important to us as they will form part of a business-essential strategy. Being able to reach Installer and elemental’s engaged audiences was a vital part of the process and meant we could glean the precise information needed to forge ahead with our plans. It was an all-round success.”